Moscow, the capital of Russia is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. The city has developed through the centuries and is now considered as the economic and educational center of Russia. From different parts of the globe, people come here for business, education and to visit the many tourist places. There are numerous places to visit in Moscow, including theatres, museums of different kinds, public art galleries, famous museums (Pushkin Museum), Kremlin, Red Square and much more. The Kremlin has always been like a magnet for tourists, most of whom visit it as soon as they arrive in the city. Also, the famous Tverskaya Street which played an important role in the history of Russia starts from Kremlin and contains many shops and restaurants.
In recent times a lot of restaurants, coffeehouses and shops have opened with its chique cosmopolitan style Moscow shopping district has become a popular place for tourists as well as muscovites to spend their time. The famous Red Square is a popular place for Moscovites and visitors of the city to stroll.
Where to Stay (Hotels in Moscow Russia)
We recommend you choose a hotel in the very centre of Moscow, or one which is close to a metro station, so you can easily get to the important places within the city. You will find some accommodation have great views to the Moscow River of to the beautiful monuments, museums. So depending on your budget you could choose to stay in the centre with a view to the Kremlin or Red Square.
Things to do and see
- Red Square, which is the most famous city square in Moscow, and arguably one of the most famous in the world. The square separates the Kremlin. Each building in Red Square is a legend in its own right. One of these is Lenin's Mausoleum, where the embalmed body of Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, the founder of the Soviet Union, is displayed. Nearby is the elaborate brightly-domed Saint Basil's Cathedral and also the palaces and cathedrals of the Kremlin.
- The Kremlin. Russia's walled fortress contains much of the country's history, politics and religion. The walls were originally built from white stone, but were rebuilt in the late 15th century with their distinctive red brick.
- The State Tretyakov Gallery is an art gallery in Moscow, Russia, the foremost depository of Russian fine art in the world.
- Walking in the Gorky Park Moscow, the biggest and most famous Moscow Park. In the winter time there is plenty of ice skating, due to the fact that all of the footpaths flood over and freeze making an ice rink around the whole park.
- One of the monuments to the 50th anniversary of victory in the World War II is on Poklonnaya Hill forming a complex of places of interest and monuments.
- Only 62km away is an absolute must to see for any traveller, Russian Vatican, Sergiev Posad.
Other popular destinations in russia, which we recommend to visit while in Moscow. You can take the overnight train to Saint Petersburg and visit both cities within one trip. Check out more information on accommodation in Saint Petersburg
Let us breathe life into your dream trip to Moscow!
Find the best deals on hotels in Moscow on destinationRussia.com! Our site offers thorough and accurate information on everything you need to know about planning travel tours to Moscow. From the visa application to finding the right accommodation, destinationRussia.com is the best online resource to facilitate your trip to the Russian capital. We also recommend the most popular attractions in Moscow to make your trip memorable. These amazing deals run out really quick, so book yours while they last!